Thursday, December 22, 2005

Kids!

Kids never fail to amuse me…. Be it the 5 year old who visited us or the kids I teach.

These are a few conversations I have had with my tutees.

Me: Hey, is your mom home?

Terrified stares from both, the boy and the girl

The boy: Why Ma’m?

Me: I would like to talk to her.

Both even more terrified now

The boy: Why? Are you going to complain?

Me (with a devilish smile): Yup I am going to.

(Though, I wanted to speak to her on some other matter.)

The boy and the girl make unhappy noises

The boy: But I have been doing my homework…

Me: But you aren’t studying right now and that’s what I am going to complain about…

Both start studying seriously.

_____________________

The boy: Ma’m, how many years were you in Bombay?

Me: 10 years…

The boy: 10 yrs!!!! That long??? I’ll be ten only in February! (Giggles)

I couldn’t be more amused!

____________________

The girl calls me at 11 am to check at what time I will be taking tuitions:

The girl: “Ma’m, when will you be coming?

Me: I’ll be there around 3:30.

The girl: Ma’m, morning or evening?

Me: Err… I don’t think I can make it in the morning, I’ll be there in the evening..

The girl: Ok Ma’m.

I have no idea what made her ask that, I am sure she didn’t get the last part either!
_________________

The girl: Ma’m, I cannot listen your handwriting…

Me (blank): I didn’t get you… Can you repeat?

The boy: Haha!! Ma’m, listen it seems!!

Me to the girl: Do you mean you can’t understand?

The girl (who looked perplexed till now, gives a relieved smile): Yes Ma’m.

And this happens almost everyday whenever she comes across something she cant listen to….

_____________________

Kids…. They truly make my day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shobana said...

well, thats how kids address all their teachers... i prefer that cos otherwise kids call u aunty!!!! yuck!
and those two are little devils, atelast the boy. he wont miss a chance to play a prank on me!!so i dont miss a chance either!;)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home