Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Que Sera Sera..

The other day I was teaching the boy Hindi. He had questions like:

What’s your name?

Where do you live? Etc...

And he has to write the appropriate responses.

So, we came to this question, what do you want to be when you grow up?

His school teacher had provided the answers already and he had written, “I want to become a doctor.”

The kid starts saying, “But I want to be a rocket scientist!”

So I tell him, well that’s nice! But I want you to write ‘doctor’ because you might make some spelling mistake while writing ‘rocket scientist’ in Hindi. The other reason why I told him to write that was because I wasn’t sure what do you call a scientist, that too a rocket scientist in Hindi…

I came home and started thinking about my ambitions, yes ambitions as a kid.

As a kid I used to think I want to be everything, a scientist, an astronaut, a doctor, an engineer and what not! I thought I will be all of them, not just one…

Now when I think about it, I wonder what made me think like that. At least this kid has an achievable ambition!

I am still as confused about what I want to be in life… I am just doing what I think is the right thing to do…

But now I have a somewhat sensible list of things I want to be and do in this life time.

They include:

An entrepreneur

A social worker

A photographer

A fire fighter

A guitarist

Study literature

Own a restaurant

Work on a movie (as in the technical side of it)

Start a school

I am sure there is more…can think of only these as of now...

I hope to do at least a few of it, if not all of it :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Shobana said...

:D cool! firefighting sounds fun to me as in its challenging and something ppl usually wudnt think abt doing.
and everything has two sides to it... i feel now that u know what u want to be in life u dont give other possibilities a chance. u explore less, but again is subjective from person to person.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Shobana said...

:D
thanks:) i am doing what i can:)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home