Saturday, November 26, 2005

But The Memories Remain....

Sometimes my play list just echoes my mood and knows exactly what songs to play, when I put it on shuffle. Those moments I feel it’s the only thing with me right now which some what understands me.

But what happened today was something different. I was sitting here doing the usual stuff, I am in the mood for something loud, so the volume is turned up, Bon Jovi is screaming ‘It’s my life, it’s now or never….’ and so am I…. And I am taken back to the past…. I remember how Amethyst and I used to scream along with the stereo sometimes (Amber wasn’t or rather isn’t the ‘screaming with the stereo’ types.) and then all the memories came flooding back…


There was a time in the past, not very long ago, when Amber, Amethyst and I used to be room mates. First time in our lives we were left to fend for ourselves….

I remember how we used to use the land lady’s computer as if it were our own. Music blaring in our room, (the computer was unfortunately in our room) for all we care the whole world can go to hell!

How we used to get home sick together and sit and bitch about life…

How we used to spend all the money in the first one week of the month either buying unwanted stuff because you have money or end up paying last month’s debt to each other..... And end up borrowing again. (One of us even bunked college because she didn’t have enough money for the bus fare!)

How we used to feel guilty when two of us were having fun or enjoying and the other was absent for some reason…

How we went all the way to this one restaurant to have pastas sizzling brownies because Amethyst claimed it was just awesome…

How Amber and I used to fall sick all the time and Amethyst used to tend to us…

How Amethyst and I used to bitch about friends or guys we didn’t like or just discuss guys in general. (Amber isn’t the gossiping types either!)

How we used to make a pros and cons list about why we should or shouldn’t go to our uncle’s place for a week! (Bad relations…)

How we used to argue about whose turn it is to lay out the beds or roll them up!

How in the last few months the blue room actually turned into a ‘blue room’, because of the exams, bad health and home sickness…

Those days may never come back… and I don’t think we’ll end up living together once again. But those were some of the best days of my life…. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home