Monday, November 14, 2005

On your face!

Have you been caught in a situation where you hear people say stuff which you least expected from them at that moment and you are speechless?

Things that have taken you off guard, the most unexpected compliments or insults or even smug replies…


Here are a few from my life:


“You have a bad attitude!” (Look who’s talking!)

“You look sick today!” (Well, you just made my day….)

“You have a good face.” (A guy who was new to my building said this, when me and my friend were sitting on the bench and chatting. This guy looked lost and was going up and down. Finally he comes to me introduces himself and says this! I say nothing but give a ‘I don’t know what to say-smile’, but my friend bursts out laughing on his face, embarrassing both of us….)

“You looked so sensuous for a second there, you almost made me fall!” (This came from the cutest guy in my class! I blushed stupidly but I was floating the whole day!)

“Talking to you is like aroma-therapy…” (It felt nice to hear that…)

Me: “Bhaad mein jaa!”

My friend: “Sorry, mujhe tere ghar nahi aana!”

[Translation: Me: “Go to hell!”
My friend: Sorry, I don’t want to visit your dwelling place!”]

(Though, ‘bhaad’ does not mean hell, it’s the closest translation I could find.)

These are a few I still remember …what about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Radha a.k.a Ratlion said...

Hey there,
Nice post...Maybe you could come visit my blog sometime....
:D

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home