Monday, January 19, 2009

Dear blog and the blogging world, I'm back. This may not mean much to the rest of the world, but means something to me. It is just something I had to do, if you know what I mean..
I'm even considering a new blog but that will have to wait for the time being, something I'm mulling on. My thoughts are now crowded with things I want to put in here, but let me take one step at a time.
Furst things first ;) let me allow you to glimpse through what I have been up to in the year 2008.
The things I did last year- some I always wanted to do and some of it well...just happened.
1) Joined dance classes- Salsa, Jive,cha cha cha and I'm still learning, man I can't believe my commitment, 4 months now and still going. If you don't know me well enough I'm easily bored, impatient so yeay! *pats her own back*
2) Taught in an NGO for 2 months. I really wish I had continued this but for some reason it didn't work out on a long term. I feel guilty about it. Anyway sigh! *bad shobz! No cookies for you!*
3) Went to Coonoor - Ooty after say 9 years( I lived there for 2 years, met a friend after 13 years and had a rocking time!)
4) I hitch-hiked on the trip to Ooty! Our bus broke down and we were stuck between Ooty and Coonoor so we took a lift in vegetable van!
5) Colored my hair. I got red-streaks done and yes it is a big deal for me :P
6) Got my nose pierced. It only stayed a month and then it came off. Might try that once more...*thinking* Ya I will...
7) Learnt to play poker. Though its not something I always wanted to do, it was something new I did last year.
8) I saw The Taj Mahal in Agra once again. Its absolutely mesmerizing no matter how many times you see it. My cousins and I were only wondering what if Shah Jahan's dream to build a black Taj right behind it had come true! And ya I saw Akbar's tomb in fact I touched it! Ain't that awesome! Especially after watching the movie Jodha Akbar just before going there you can gauge my excitement. I also saw where Shah Jahan was locked up by his son Aurangzeb during his last days, where he died watching the Taj Mahal. What a tragic life! And the marble dais where Tansen sat and sang for his King Akbar.
Okay I think thats about it and enough of history lessons!
Will add new things if I remember them later.
Now to things I want to do this year!

This is a part of life list, but this is a short-term plan for this year.
Yes I'm the kinda person who has a BIG plan and a realistic immediate plan.
Don't ask me about the BIG plan now!
Trumpets and Drum Roll!!! 20th Century Fox style;)
Here is goes- my list for the year 2009:
1) Do the beginner's course with the art of living foundation.
2) Learn something new again - kick-boxing, guitar.. just anything new and fun
3) Travel a bit more, visit a place I haven't been to before. That's something interesting b'cos I been to most of the touristy places in India. Ya I know I am lucky :)
4) Do some amount of photo blogging.
5) Dance dance and keep dancing :)
6) Buy a Digi SLR or the Wii console
The list is not yet complete, people can help me here with ideas.. though I think the one I have made so far is a tall order!

Till my next post.... Au Revoir!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Clueless said...

its funny how we would always foucus on things we didn't manage to do... come to think of it there are some things i got done this year myself...

inspiring post and yeah... when did u get the nose ring???

11:35 PM  
Blogger Shobana said...

:) i kinda keep making this list all the time. thr r so mnay thing i want to do n i keep planning for them :) anyway, the nose ring happened a yr back feb-mar. it came off within a month! :(

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home