Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ten Things You Can Do On A Boring Day...

Things were just not going my way. I was down with a bad cold and fever and still am. So couldn’t go for my usual swimming. The damned library was closed the day before and so there were no books to keep me occupied! There were no cds to watch and I was done giving tuitions since the exams are over so I am jobless once again.

All this meant I was gonna be wasting a precious day of my life. Nothing new. Whenever I am faced with such a situation, only one thought comes to my mind… how many people would have died to live one more day of their life! And here I am sitting and wasting it.

I studied for an hour or so, imagine that! Thankfully, the medicines put me in a semi-coma state and I slept for 4 hours straight!

I woke and once again was faced with the same dilemma. I had to do something. At 6 I was ready to make one more trip to the library and determined to get a book this time. And then I remembered I had bought glass paint a few months ago and it was high time I experimented. I went down to the shop first and bought 3 pieces of glass. Then went to library and to my disappointment, the librarian had still hadn’t managed to get a copy of the second book of the trilogy I was reading and so I picked up another set of trilogy, so that I wouldn’t have top wait for the copies.

I came home ad very excitedly set at task. I got to work made a photo frame from the design which was given in the book that came with the paints. I had fun and I should say the first experiment didn’t disappoint me at all!

Things I recommend that people do, if and when they are bored, though I am sure everyone has a way out most times:

  • Do something you always wanted to try, if this is not the best time, no other time will be!
  • Do something wacky or something you wouldn’t find yourself doing or think of doing normally. It will give you a kick out of life or at least a sense of achievement!
  • Spend this day putting things into perspective….. Where are you heading, are you where you wanted to be a few years back, where do you see yourself in a few years (I don’t mean just career).
  • This is the best day to clean your room, chucking out things you don’t need and also if you want give your room a new look, or simply rearrange the furniture, it will be a good change!
  • Spend an hour or so calling people who mean something to you but whom you just didn’t manage to get in touch with in a long time… people who are far and away.
  • Remove your old photos and albums, scrap books, letters, cards etc… and spend some time bringing back fond memories.
  • Write a diary entry.
  • If have enough money, spend a good day shopping and may be buy things you wouldn’t usually think of wearing. You never know you may even look good in them! A sort of a make over!
  • Getting a hair cut helps big time if you are feeling sort of low. I am the happiest when I get a hair-cut done!
  • Cook your own dinner, try a new recipe, make your self an exotic drink, shop for the ingredients and figure it out.

All in all, the above suggestions just spell out one thing… do something new, something different, it won’t hurt. It will give you some sort of thrill and if nothing at least you will realize what you are not meant for!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shobana said...

looks like i am gonna indulge in drinking soon.. bored to the point of numbness.. tired of thinking productive every damn day. finishing one book per day and all i seem to do is read..
now that i have poured my heart out its a tiny relief!:)

btw i am reading Nora Roberts.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Rays Of Sun said...

Cooking up something in kitchen is always the best way to kill monotony for me:)
Nice list!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Shobana said...

:)welcome to 3 girls.
n thanks.
true.. i am yet to test my cooking skills.
once amber, amethyst and myself had hell of a time making some brownies! it was good though it got a bit burnt on the surface and was uncooked inside!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Shobana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

Update mangta! :D

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home