Thursday, January 05, 2006

So What Did You Do This New Year's Eve?

Guess who’s back!!

I went to Bangalore or should I say Bengaluru for New Year’s. Spent time with Amber, Amethyst and the Dog.

We decided to have a house party or something close to a party.

Amethyst wanted to booze a lot this time and I generally thought it wasn’t a bad idea… only if I had known better…sigh…

So it was somewhere around 6 in the evening, Amber was at her friend’s place and said she wont be back any sooner, Amethyst was bugged and was totally in a crappy mood and didn’t want anyone to come( not that a lot of people were expected anyways). A.B. our friend said he wasn’t in the mood either, but said he would come anyways since I had come all the way from Chennai… and I was getting bugged because everyone around was in a rotten mood and was left hoping that Amber would come home soon.

A.B. turned up in some time and we went liquor shopping…

We got back and found two of Amethyst’s friends, C and V, waiting for us at the door. And I realized they were the only ones to join us and even those two were gonna leave at 10:30. I don’t know why they thought they could leave at 10:30, it was New Year’s damn it! Its not gonna happen earlier this year! Some company we had….

Amber was still not back and we hadn’t yet ordered dinner…so we all set out to buy dinner.

By the time we came home it was around 11…

Finally settled in and started boozing… and this is where the real story of the memorable New Year starts!

We all started out with a few Bacardi breezers and Amethyst and I were trying to finish everyone else’s bottle too. Then we brought out beer and I was busy making personal bottles for everyone with the empty breezer bottles. By now Amber became really quiet, she didn’t like the way Amethyst and I were gulping down beer and behaving silly. The two guests decided to stay back and weren’t much of a drinker. A.B. challenged me to do another bottoms up….so I drained another bottle. I was kinda drunk by now, but didn’t feel drunk at all. It was 12! Yippee! Happy New Year everybody!

So what the hell, we brought out some vodka. Ended up gulping it directly from the bottle, which totally did it!

Everything that happened after that is still a blur. I later came to know, Amethyst got pissed with A.B. because he said something and she was also a bit drunk and they both were fighting inside. I was trying to reach A.P. on the phone, in spite of the jammed network. I couldn’t hold the phone properly, so I was asking everyone to help me reach him….even explained to V how to dial the number!

I realized when I am drunk: 1) I am very polite.2) I get an accent, as my tongue grows all numb.

Since A.B. was busy fighting and Amber was bugged and was inside. I ended up in the hall with C and V.C was trying to help me with the call but then got busy attending his calls. V looked a bit worried because he didn’t drink at all and didn’t know what he was doing in the mad house! So left him alone.

By now I got really bugged and don’t know why or how, but I started crying. That did work because everyone rushed to me. Amethyst took a break from the fight and said, “You wanna call A.P. na? Gimme the number.” She dials and wow she got through the number. Me thinking, ‘Thanks gurl! These men are good for nothing!’

Started ranting to A.P. about how others didn’t help me and Amethyst did. Amethyst realized I was using her phone and she didn’t have much money left in it and was after me trying to take it from me. Spoke but forgot to wish him Happy New Year. Amber says, “Gimme the phone” and she spoke to A.P. told him I was just a bit drunk, but I was under control.

Me still thinks I am not drunk and to prove that I go looking for the vodka bottle, but couldn’t find it. A.B. tells me it’s over. I found out the next morning that he hid it behind the TV.

Laid my hands on a pack of cigarette that the guys had bought and wanted to smoke. I asked C to get me a matchbox and he comes with an empty matchbox, like it was some joke! I threaten him that I’ll go and switch on the stove if I don’t find one and so he helps me light it with the gas stove. I almost burnt my hair trying to light the cigarette.

The way I smoked, the guys must have thought I have one everyday. Smoke is not meant for me and I realized it once again.

I don’t remember anything after that. Except asking Amber to gimme some air in the room and not wanting any flavor in the sugar water which Amethyst tried giving me to save me from dehydrating.

Things I did this New Year’s eve:

  • Ended up with my head in the pot.
  • Apologized to Amber a dozen times for spoiling her new year.
  • Called A.B. a bitch I think or was it someone else?
  • Was yelling at the middle of the night.
  • Became a joke in front of two guys whom I didn’t know at all. ( They made sure that everyone in Amethyst’s class knew that her cousin was drunk!)
  • Entertained a bunch of bored people.
  • And of course got drunk for the first time in my life!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shobana said...

:D happy new year to u too!
getting drunk wudnt have been so bad if it were just ppl who know to witness it. but then wht the heck! i really dont care much for reputations, as long as its not a good friend who gets offended by wht i do or say.

2:43 PM  
Blogger virdi said...

hahahaha.... tu toh bahut badi daru baaj nikli re... :-)

V..

11:40 PM  
Blogger Shobana said...

@virdi- acha! pot calling the kettle black!:P

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home